Welcome to the party
Are you tired of the predominance of anger, hot air and mistruth over facts, reasonableness and truth? Then you are a natural for the Water Party.
70% of the earth is covered by water, but you don’t think of it, because the land is right in front of you most of the time. Likewise, 70% of Americans favor accuracy, fairness, civility and helping others, but it doesn’t seem that way with angry opinionated people dominating the news and airwaves spouting falsehoods to further their agendas and vendettas. The Water Party represents the 70% of Americans from all political spectrums who are the true majority in America. It’s time for us to stand up and be counted.
You don’t have to be Superman to join. Just affirm 3 principles:
- Truth: I commit to truth and accuracy even when it doesn’t agree with my opinions and agenda. I will support candidates and news outlets that strongly favor truth and accuracy. Fostering a culture of truthfulness is more important than any short-term gains that come from falsehoods. We need facts and accuracy to move forward as a country.
- Justice: Nobody should have to “try to live” on less than $1 a day, as one billion people are. 8 million children a year (one every 4 seconds) should not die from lack of food and clean water. I will take less so children can have the basics to live. One option is the water pledge to drink more water, and less alchohol, coffee and soda, and give some or all the money to the poorest. If 100,000 people drink $5 less a month, that will create $6.7 million a year that will save tens of thousands of lives. We’ll also live longer, and save time and money not having to work out and diet as much.
The American way: The founding fathers had many disparate interests and points of view, yet found a way to come together to form a great country. They did not have the benefits of electricity, cars, telephones, electronics, or running water, yet they managed to do great things. And were civil and grateful as they did it. I commit to working together, compromising, being reasonable and having a can-do attitude.
Spread the word
We need your help spreading the word. Our fate is in your hands This could be a big thing or a flash in the pan. A little help now will mean a lot.
Please do the following:
- Email your friends a link to us
- Join our Facebook page
- Tell your friends at Facebook about us
- Tell your friends about us verbally
- Tweet about us with a link to our front page, and to our Twitter page @The_Water_Party
Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood—the virtues that made America. The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
It’s free and easy. Becoming a member shows the world there are many people who support these principles, and makes the media more likely to cover us. It will give you access to our forums (coming soon), and members get to vote on what we’ll use for t-shirt designs, slogans and other cool stuff. Click here to join and stick your toe in the water. It only takes a minute.
Receive our newsletter
(About three times a year)
Click here for information about volunteer opportunities.
It should be the highest ambition of every American to ... bear in mind that his conduct will not only affect himself, his country, and his immediate posterity; but that its influence may be co-extensive with the world, and stamp political happiness or misery on ages yet unborn.